PDA

View Full Version : Summer Project --- whoopsadaisy!

bveenstra
06-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Howdy... I'm in deep trouble... I was foolin with the kids the other day and made an offhanded remark about how we might do a "movie" with StarWars as the theme this summer... wouldn't ya know they picked up on that?!

Anyways, this is what I've got:
- I have recorded a "test" (5 seconds mind you) of a pan, right-to-left of the great outdoors.
- I've converted this clip into QuickTime format
- I see the Image Editor in LW can pull in this clip
- I'm wondering how/if I do this in LW --- "project" this clip (in Layout) and then put a LWO "on it"... that is, when I RENDER in LightWave, I see both the 3D object and the QuickTime backdrop

I guess I'm too newbie to even ask this the right way!

Thanks for the help!

iaef
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
In LW 8.3 you access to compositing panel by pressing CTRL+F7.There you should use the quicktime film you got at the Background Image drop down menu. That should put your film where you want it, just at the back of any .lwo you are intending to blend.
You can also put images, films or animations in the upfront level by using the Foreground Image option.

But there is more to it, you might also try to learn to use "front projection" as a mapping to some .lwo for giving more tridimensionality to your background.

There are lots of tricks and effects you might use, but the best you should use is "planning".

We could also help you more on this if you explained or described more the shots you are intending to film.

bveenstra
06-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow! Cool... I didn't know where to look! Thanks!!!

I'm just trying to do test shots to learn what we can get away with... not academy award stuff, just the kids running around the yard and I want to drop in Droids, and Buildings here and there... again, I'll cheat on running "Between" things if that's super difficult...

iaef
06-24-2005, 12:01 AM
wish you luck on your summer project. :)

Hoopti
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Post it up for us to see. If you need hosting help with it, let me know.

Hoop

bveenstra
06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Wow, that worked, but I got a LONG way to go... for one... using a TRIPOD!! :D

I was amazed how I could sync up the rotation of the LW camera with the actual shot and drop objects in! Way Cool!! We're off!