PDA

View Full Version : CG does not SAVE AS PROJECT

paulg
06-21-2005, 09:36 PM
In the old days, before a couple months ago, I would type a bunch of pages in the CG, choose SAVE AS PROJECT, give it a name and a location and the CG would create a folder with all the individual pages accessible and changeable in the CG.

Recently, for some reason, it no longer creates a folder. I have to save each and every page individually as rtv's and they cannot be adjusted in the CG.

What am I doing wrong?

Paul G.

Jim Capillo
06-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Are you perhaps losing it somewhere ? I usually put everything in the client folder.

Works OK here.

tfrank
06-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Have run into this problem twice since my VT4 install. I was being forced to save individual .png files too. The only way out for me was to uninstall and reload the toaster software, 1st disk only.

Videonut
06-27-2005, 07:39 AM
I am using VT3 and this just happened to me ouit of the blue the other day and in fact while I was in the middle of a project. Is this typical and have other people experience the same?

tfrank
06-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Don't know if it's "typical", but it happened to me again Thursday for the 3rd time. I am not so sure that it isn't self unduced by trying to play with an old VT2 file. The only way out was to once again uninstall then re-install software.

Jim Capillo
06-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Don't know if it's "typical", but it happened to me again Thursday for the 3rd time. I am not so sure that it isn't self unduced by trying to play with an old VT2 file. The only way out was to once again uninstall then re-install software.

That's weird. I would hang on for the [4.5] wide beta that is rumoured to begin shortly. Supposedly, the CG has many improvements/bug kills. In the meantime, you can save the individual files to a folder of your choice.

Videonut
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Jim-

Has this ever happened to you? I have been going along with my VT3 system since the latest update and has never happened to me. I am wondering if it is something else. I have also been waiting to upgrade to VT4 until the CG is a bit more stable.

Jim Capillo
06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Jim-

Has this ever happened to you? I have been going along with my VT3 system since the latest update and has never happened to me. I am wondering if it is something else. I have also been waiting to upgrade to VT4 until the CG is a bit more stable.

I can't say that it has, but I have been saving a separate png to the client folder as a matter of course so there aren't any screwups.

If it's been reported and is repeatable, I'm guessing it will be fixed in the [4.5] release.

mgrusin
06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
There was a bug in VT2 in which the first time you saved a CG project, all the .PNG files would end up in the root of the VT files directory (as defined in prefs). Subsequent save-as' would work correctly. AFAIK this was fixed in VT3.

I haven't noticed this particular problem (in VT3) in a while, although CG does do funky things if you open a VT2 CG file and try to save it again...

-MG.

tfrank
06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks MG. I kind of thought that this problem may have originated with some old VT2 files. I never had the saving problem when running the VT2 software for two years.