PDA

View Full Version : modell deformation.

chemaelizondo
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi guys.
Ive rigged a humanoid model, but when I move the lower part of the leg, the skelegons follow thru alright but the polygons of the foot get streched even though Ive assign weight maps to them. the tree weights involved in this procedure are: leg lower left, foot left heel, and, foot left right.

Does any one know why this deformation might be happening?

Thanks

JM

ACLOBO
06-21-2005, 05:00 PM
take your object back into modeler (weight view) and cycle through your weightmaps. It looks like you simply have some small influence going on from another bone. This is an easy error to miss. Just make sure that there is not another bone influencing that toe area.

-Adrian

Surrealist.
06-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Another thing to check is Weightmaps Only. Enabling this will ensure that there is no other influence other than the maps on the mesh - since if I gather from your last post you have weightmaps for every bone. This may help. Use the default Normalization as enabled.

Axis3d
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
If you have bones in your object which are not using weight maps, then they may influence other parts of your object.

JulianW
06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I could be completely wrong here.. but I think its more a problem with the model than the bones/weightmaps.

If you want a joint to flex well then you need more geometry in the area. I'm guessing there aren't any points around the knee in the model. To get around this you can use the Multiply:Subdivide:Knife tool to spilt the polys at the knee. Something like four cuts close together across the knee is a good guide.

Try it first without weightmaps, a character like this shouldn't necessarily need them.

Happy flexing,

JW.

SplineGod
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I would try it without weightmaps at all FIRST. Set your bone falloff to ^128.
From there its much easier to determine if and where WM might be needed.
LW bones work immediately as soon as you rest them and will deform without the need for weight maps. Start simple THEN work into the more complex only if necessary :)

Surrealist.
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
I would try it without weightmaps at all FIRST. Set your bone falloff to ^128.
From there its much easier to determine if and where WM might be needed.
LW bones work immediately as soon as you rest them and will deform without the need for weight maps. Start simple THEN work into the more complex only if necessary :)

Go Larry!

Just saw another video of yours on Kurv. Cool one on the eyelid. Great tip!

SplineGod
06-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks! :)

chemaelizondo
06-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Alright!
Based on your recomendations I added some extra geometry since I discovered that the treshold of the mesh is less than I originaly thought, also set the bone falloff at 128 helped a lot.

Im still experimenting with other stuff you all so kindly contributed.

Thanks to all.

Chears

JM

SplineGod
06-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Cool! Looks like its working pretty well so far :)