PDA

View Full Version : How to join a sequence of objects into one with morph maps?

juanjgon
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi ...

Perhaps this could be a simple question ... i have a sequence of a tree objects created with onyx tree pro. It is one tree animated in time with wind, one object / second. I can animate it loading them in Layout and using morph targets ... it works well, so they have all equal structure and there is no problems with morphing ... but i want to know if there is a way to join all this objects in modeler in one file with morph maps, to get a smaller one single file who spent less memory that all objects sequence loaded into layout.

Thank you ...
Juan J. Gonzalez

Dodgy
06-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Load your base tree, then load another of the trees. Put this tree as a back ground layer, with your base in the foreground and add a new morph using 'Bkg to morph'. Do this with all your other trees and you'll have one base object with multiple morph targets.

juanjgon
06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes ... this is exact what i need ... :) thank you very much .... i am not expert in animation, so i dont see it for myself ...

Surrealist.
06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Load your base tree, then load another of the trees. Put this tree as a back ground layer, with your base in the foreground and add a new morph using 'Bkg to morph'. Do this with all your other trees and you'll have one base object with multiple morph targets.

Bkground to Morph gives you no options for relative or absolute. I assume it defaults to relative. Is there a way to edit this after the fact?

Dodgy
06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/vmap.htm#MMRenamer

MMRenamer allows you to do this...

Surrealist.
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks Dodgy:)