PDA

View Full Version : CAD snapping and group

pixym
04-27-2003, 09:40 AM
CAD snapping when moving-rotating-resizing entities in Modeler will be very great for architects.
For exemple, when you have to copy some faces by moving, I would like to select the faces, select the number of copy, and select the first and the second points that give the translation vector...
Right now, you have to mesure the distance in x,y,z axes and to apply this values by using the clone tools. It is not very productive!
I use other CAD tool such as Archicad, Zoom, and it is very fast for this taskes... :o
THAT WILL BE VERY GREAT, and I am looking for a script or plug-ins that allows this fonction.
I would like to also grouping somme faces in the modeler in order to select it by just clicking on one face of the faces group. The selection by volume is quiet useless and need to be replacing by this ability!

Mylenium
04-27-2003, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't say Volume selections are useless. Perhaps you just cannot use it with your workflow - I certainly can. Snapping has been asked for so many times so I can easily say "yes" to it again.

Mylenium

pixym
04-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Cher Mylenium,

(Je suppose que tu parles franšais a cause de l'ange sur terre :) )
J'ai eu beau chercher a quel sauce utiliser la selection par volume, mais jusqu'ici je n'ai pas trouve. Tu fais bien de mentionner que cet outil n'a aucune place dans ma methode de travail car c'est le cas!
Le drag tool et le snap sont bien utiles mais ils ne servent qu'a positionner des points sur d'autres, et ce n'est pas suffisant :(
Peut etre aurons nous la chance de voir un vrai snap bien pratique en archi dans la 8, c'est l'un de mes souhaits les plus chers.

Salut.