PDA

View Full Version : Help with Looped Animations for flash btns

theguaz
06-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi there, i'm trying to make an animated loop for a flash btn with some hypervoxel particle sistem.

By now i have made this animation:

http://www.theguaz.com/rollover/bola.gif

But i need on animation loop for the active state of my button, i was thinking in make an 4 flames animation like the one that i showed you but maybe with another rotation style for the active state of my btn, and another loop maybe with some Japanese-anime-ghost like (only one flame floating loop) for the normal state, and the a transition betwen that two states that could be reversed for come back from extended position 4 flames animation.

Here are the source files:

http://www.theguaz.com/rollover/rollover.rar

Anyone can help me with to achive this effects, i accept any sugestions for changes and stuff.

theguaz

pauland
06-22-2005, 08:09 AM
If I understand you right, you want to incorporate an animation for your button states. In flash, all buttons have single frames to represent each button state and the hit area. There are two ways to do what you want (show an animation for each button state):

1) Use a movie clip, or
2) import a separate movie clip (containing the animation) into the frame that represents the button state.

Paul

theguaz
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Thank's pauland.. but i need help with the looped animations in LW, i'm already good in flash MX and i know how to do pretty cool stuff, but now i need to know how to loop particle based animations that's my doubt.

Thank's for the Flash advice anyway..

theguaz

iaef
06-23-2005, 11:24 AM
... I guess (since it is not really easy to understand your post) that you are trying to achieve a smooth transition between states so your Flash animations would seamlessly transfer from one to another without any jumps or similars.

I believe that you could use the basic trick of starting to animate by setting the final step first. That is, if you are intending to achieve a "certain state" or position for your particles, then you should set this first (keyframe it first) and then start building your animation backwards... it gives a good workflow for this "smooth transition" effects.

If you need help on setting this up, then a storyboard might help us all to help you.

Also try posting at the "La Comunidad de LightWave 3D en Espaņol" forum, there are also some people that are always friendly.

theguaz
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi again, I read the replies and i apologize for say that i needed the animation for a flash related stuff, because that only has confused you all, and i'm very sorry for it.

The animation that i need to do is a PARTICLE FX BASED ANIMATION like the one that i has show you but LOOPED, i did some test animations but i can get the circular rotation of the 4 elements in a looped fashion while every Null emits particles as rotates. The animation that i want to make it's like a floating thing with 4 more things rotating around the first thing while are emitting particles like little comets, but looped it's really important the loop.

I hope that explain my dilemma, and thank's a lot for the replies guys.!

theguaz

iaef
06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
The storyboard or a schematic painting of what you intend to do would be really fine. Anyhow I downloaded your scene and will work (play on it) later (right now I am late for a powerpoint meeting).