PDA

View Full Version : Trying to reinstall LW8

Smiling Otis
06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Hello,

After having Eve3.framework errror message, I thought that I would just reinstall LW8. I am running Tiger on brand new dual processor G5. The problem that I am having is after going through the Library, Preferences, etc and deleting all items LW, I cannot select my hard drive to reinstall LW. I get a message saying that "I cannot install Lightwave [8] on this volume. A newer version of this software already exist on this volume". Did I miss something somewhere? I really blocked out tomorrow to set down and begin learning Lightwave. This is getting frustrating!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Russ Cox

taproot2
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM
You have to dump the whole LW folder. Save out your prefs and config files somewhere then send LW to trash then delete trash. Should work well after that.
Still having problems after that? Since its a new machine just reinstall the operating system. You can also install a "2nd" system to the same Machine. Put the disk in and read the options, works great. You will need about 9gig or so free space but when your done you can copy any needed files from one side to the other then delete the first system. Worked for me. Good Luck!
Taproot2
www.provinestudios.com

Smiling Otis
06-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks. I did all of that. I even trashed everything but is seems like some hidden item is still there.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

With Newteks lack of support, I am wondering if I should have gone the Maya route.

Russ

allanBook
06-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Instructions to fix this issue has been posted before.

Please take a look at this post (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=269340&postcount=29).