PDA

View Full Version : bones help

jnddepew
06-16-2005, 02:55 PM
is there any way to convert only some skeletons into bones in layout. FOR EXAMPLE: you just created a model and put on skeletons in modeler and turn them into bones in layout. Then you add some more skeletons in modeller and you want to convert only the new skeletons to bones and not all the other ones. what do you do?

Dodgy
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=234653&postcount=30

Use my UpdateBone plugin :) It'll add in any extra skelegons and parent them to the old bones (it matches by bone name, so all your bones should have unique names) and if you've moved any of the old skelegons around, it'll move the bones to match them.

Alternatively, you could cut all bones except the new ones out of your object and do a 'Skelegons to bones' command again...

MonroePoteet
06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Convert Skelegons only converts those in the current layer. If you cut-n-paste the already converted skelegons to a background layer, they won't get converted. As you probably know, the way to select skelegons is to use the polygon statistics panel (shortcut "w").

mTp

kjl
06-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Use Dodgy's plugin. It makes updating all your bones totally painless. One click and you're done.

What does the MG in MGupdateBones stand for, anyways?

Dodgy
06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Mike Green :)

A bit egotistical but oh well :)

kjl
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Oh! Michael Green the Worms guy? I think you sent me mail a long time ago about my addPointOnBG plugin... Pleased to meet you again :)

Dodgy
06-17-2005, 03:26 AM
That's me :) Pleased to meet you again :)