PDA

View Full Version : help!! perfect anim>save>load>DISTORTION!!!

chasepage
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
heres the problem. ive made a walk cycle animation using an object using bones and weight maps simply rotating bones to match the running video projected onto a wall behind it. I had the walk cycle working perfectly and the animation looked great. weight maps worked perfectly, no distortion. so, i saved the scene, everything looked good.
THEN, the problem, i return to do some more work, reload the scene and
BAM, major leg distortion! how did that happen? Im at a loss for how to correct it.
It should be saved perfectly. Do I need to change a setting before i load it back in? thanks for any help. heres a picture of what happens when i load the scene back into lightwave:http://img79.echo.cx/my.php?image=wtf3ep.jpg

BeeVee
06-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Go through the bones in your object and hit r to put them in their rest positions.

B

Surrealist.
06-16-2005, 01:29 PM
What Version of LW are you using? Try doing a search or look at some of the recent posts here. Some others have had this same save problem recently so there might be more info there as well.

chasepage
06-16-2005, 02:03 PM
thanks beevee. all i had to do was click on the thigh bone and hit r.
boom. problem solved.
thanks again!!!
chase

Surrealist.
06-16-2005, 02:45 PM
So did this solve it for after you saved again?

This is where I get confused.

How is it that your animation could work perfect until you save without r set in the first place?

Or is this just a random saving problem/bug? The reason I ask is because there have been a few posts on this recently.

Ben?