PDA

View Full Version : To Newtek: plug-in SDK docs as PDF

Adrian Lopez
04-26-2003, 11:59 PM
I've taken the SDK docs (which are in HTML format) and converted them to PDF using a tool called HTMLDOC. I'd like to make the PDF available to other users (good for printing), but I need NewTek's permission to do that.

With your permission I'll post it here (if it will fit). My hope is that you'll place a link to the PDF in the developers section of the Lightwave website.

Let me know.

pauland
04-27-2003, 05:15 AM
..go on, let him do it. PDF is so much easier to print.

Paul

Lightwolf
04-27-2003, 05:29 AM
Well, I converted them to a MS help file (Good for searching :) ).
May I post, or forward that as well?

Adrian Lopez
04-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Come on Newtek. A simple yes or no will do fine. Don't make me break out... the email program! *threatening music*

Lynx3d
04-28-2003, 03:29 PM
*lol*
Maybe we ask for too simple things here...politicians can't answer with "yes" and "no" either...

actually i'd like to know who's working on the SDK anyway, all i know is most (if not all) of the current SDK is from Ernie Wright, and he is not working on it anymore... :(
He did a great job IMHO...at least i can write some plugins now.

ned
04-29-2003, 05:16 AM
As long as someone's messing with the SDKs and PDFs, I wish someone would fix the Manual pdf so that *all* the bookmarks work and the Index has bookmarks to the pages.

And it would be fanstastic if the PDFs were made into searchable and indexable help files.

Chuck
04-29-2003, 11:19 AM
WOW!! :D

LightWave folks are the best, no doubt about it, and these kinds of contributions from community members are one of many reasons why.

We'd love to host the PDF on our SDK page, and to credit you for the conversion, Adrian. The same is true of the MS help file version, Lightwolf. Would that be okay with you two? If so, please contact Proton to get the files to us.

Thanks very much for the effort and commitment involved! :)

I will pass along the comments on the PDF version of the manuals and the conversion of the manuals to HTML help files.

Lightwolf
04-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Help file on its way...

The only thing missing is the 7.5b changes page.

Enjoy! :p

Matt
04-29-2003, 11:31 AM
What no 7.5b!!! LightWolf, you're just so damn lazy ;)

Hehe!!

Lightwolf
04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Matt
What no 7.5b!!! LightWolf, you're just so damn lazy ;)

:( Why don't you go and stuff some .stls up your modeler?
:D :D :D :D :D ;) <- just to make sure!

Adrian Lopez
04-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Excellent :) . I've just emailed Proton and I'll send him the file once he tells me where to send it.

The only drawback to the PDF is that I wasn't able to preserve the links (the converter gets confused by links to different files with identical names). I've added page numbers to the most important (top level) links in each section. Hopefully that is enough to find most things one might look for.