PDA

View Full Version : Overlaying Titles

Bassbloke2000
04-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Greetings:

I am having a bit of difficulty with getting titles to Luma Key over rolling video. I created some simple text in CG and I just want it to fade in over the video playing in the back ground.

Well what I get is the video cutting to the title with black background and then it pops back out into the vid clip. I know this is a real newbie hangup, but your input is much appreciated. I have enabled the overlay, but nothing seems to work.

Rich Deustachio
04-27-2003, 12:54 AM
In the CG use the "save image as" to save your text. After you import it into TEd, select the CG clip and either hit the "E" button near the bottom, or hit F8 to open up the edit properites. Then turn on overlay (you will see that on the right side). If you want it to fade on and off, hold your mouse near the beginning of the clip until you see the "fd" indicator, then hold down your LMB and drag the fade as far as you like. Do the same for fade out. You can also set an exact fade in/out time in the properties panel.

Bassbloke2000
04-27-2003, 03:26 AM
GOT IT!

Thanks man, i was saving it as project or something, its working good, now I just gotta getta handle on fxmonkey and I will be set for a while

Thanks again

Paul Lara
04-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bassbloke2000
...now I just gotta getta handle on fxmonkey and I will be set for a while

One of the issues with FXmonkey is that your logo's size determines whether or not the motion paths work as they should.
I think a good starting point for object size is between 500mm and 1m.

Bassbloke2000
04-27-2003, 06:10 PM
You know, that seems to be just the case, i may have too large a logo. At any rate, that is a great place to start.

Thanks everyone, One of you should run for Toastmaster General!!

Bassbloke2000