PDA

View Full Version : size is important

neilp
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
the image below shows the texture map size panel. Does anybody know the way to do the following. im sure i was shown this years ago, just cant remember..I think I have struggled the long way around farrr too lonnnng nowwwww!

Q1. is there a way of say entering an x value and letting LW automatically/simultaneously fill in the y and z values the same. for example if I entered 10m in x, y and z would also show 10m

Q2. if the proportion of the image is correct as attachment shows, and I want to proportionately increase the image size by say x2. Is ther a way of increasing x value and the y and z increase accordingly.

Hmmmmm,,, reckon I should have taken notes in training. any help appreciated

Para
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Q2. if the proportion of the image is correct as attachment shows, and I want to proportionately increase the image size by say x2. Is ther a way of increasing x value and the y and z increase accordingly.

This one is easy: Just type *2 to the box right after the number. You see, LW can calculate in its input boxes and not just simple ones but it can do stuff from square root to derivation (I think).