PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast

Tony3d
06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I have a client who needs to show the dispersion pattern of there ceiling mounted speaker. I setup a cone with an animated bands that works really well, but the client wants the bands to be solid discs. Does anyone know the best way to set this up. It will have to loop also. I have attached a sample of what I have now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

cgbloke2004
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
go for a geometry solution - possibly an endomorph? rather than using vol lights..

[bit like the old shockwave tuts with long segmented boxes bent into circles, and morphed]

render separately and comp..

prospector
06-14-2005, 08:15 PM
try a disk with morph like silk says but tie it to a particle emmitter as objects so it goes every frame or ten frames or so and when you set your morph to go they will all be the same.

cgbloke2004
06-14-2005, 08:34 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm great idea - i'll have to try that one...

(who's silk?)

prospector
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
oops thought silkrooster answered :D
my bad
like cgbloke said

but I like the rings in pic, tell customer they are way off base, wrong, crazy, don't know what they want, :D :D

Tony3d
06-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks everyone. I will experiment with these idea's, but I really feel that my concept will show this dispersion pattern best. It really looks good in the animation.

cgbloke2004
06-15-2005, 06:47 AM
oops thought silkrooster answered :D
heh, there i was getting paranoid that you knew something about me that i didnt know that you might know, and since i dont know... then... :confused: :p

Lightwolf
06-15-2005, 07:09 AM
You could also us a volumetric spotlight with a ripple procedural. If you tweak your settings render times shouldn't be half bad and you can even visualize the "shadowing" of sound waves by objects if you need to.

Edit: Ouch, my mistake, it won't produce a solid disk. Hm, a mapped image to a volumetric light might do the trick though... And it renders quite quickly if you use sprite mode...

Cheers,
Mike

Tony3d
06-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Lightwolf I'm not sure what you mean by mappong an imgae to a vol light. Can this be animated to show concentric disc dispersing out?