PDA

View Full Version : Render farm hire in the UK?

EmperorPete
06-13-2005, 08:27 PM
(this thread may be in the wrong forum; if it is I apologise in advance, and could some kind passing mod please move it to where it should be?)
I have a job on the go at the moment which is going to take a long time to render on my system; my client has said that he'll stump up the money to hire someone to render it, but I honestly have no idea where to start looking.
The piece is 336 frames of animation. It's very basic stuff (just a logo exploding out of a flat plane with a volumetric light coming through the holes), but it needs to be rendered out at 1280x1024, and on my system it would take WAY too long to complete because of the volumetric light.
Does anyone in the UK know of anywhere I might be able to get this thing rendered?

cgbloke2004
06-13-2005, 08:51 PM
yes, Render-IT..

i believe theyve upgraded to 8 now [late last year they were still on 7.5], so should be able to handle the latest stuff.
i know a few places that have used them and they seem genuine, reliable and pretty decent.

http://www.render-it.co.uk

hth

EmperorPete
06-28-2005, 03:28 AM
I contacted Render-It, and they were absolutely superb. They worked with me every step of the way, and I've never dealt with such nice people. I'll definitely be dealing with them again on future projects.
Thanks for the reccomendation, CGBloke; consider it seconded! :)

cgbloke2004
06-28-2005, 08:45 AM
np. glad it worked out! :)