PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Pricing Question

Wickster
06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I currently own an 8.3 license of LW for PC and I just bought an imac G5 for my 2D (photoshop and quark) work. Am I eligible for the upgrade pricing ($250) if I just wanted to add another license for my imac? Or would I have to buy another seat ($995) to add a mac seat? Thanks in advance!

mattclary
06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
as of 6/13/05 12:50pm

Standalone LightWave for VT Owners! Special Offer!
VT to LightWave 3D [8] Full - Standard Pack
Special offer expires June 30, 2005!
This full version will ship in a box with the following materials:
LightWave 3D [8] Program CD
LightWave 3D [8] Content CD 1 & 2
LightWave 3D [8] 3rd Party Sampler CD
Complete Reference in Print Form
LightWave 3D [8] Printed Tutorial Manual
Mac/PC DUO USB Dongle
Through June 30th, 2005, registered owners of any version of Video Toaster or VT can purchase a full commercial stand-alone version of LightWave [8] for only $595.

Kurtis
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Wickster,

The $250 pricing is to go from a pre-[8] version of LightWave to LightWave [8].

If you want a complete license for the Mac, you would need to take advantage of the Add-A-Seat pricing. However, LightWave includes installers for both Mac and PC in every box at no extra charge. You could install it on both, and just move the dongle back and forth. All you would need to do is contact Customer Service for a new Permanent License Key, since Mac and PC do not use the same key.

mattclary,

That special is for people that own a VT or Video Toaster. I believe all Wickster has is a standalone LightWave.

mattclary
06-13-2005, 11:57 AM
DOOOOOHHHH!!! Here is how I read it. :o

as of 6/13/05 12:50pm

Standalone LightWave or VT Owners! Special Offer!

Wickster
06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
First off thanks for the quick replies...

Still have one more question though.

You could install it on both, and just move the dongle back and forth. All you would need to do is contact Customer Service for a new Permanent License Key, since Mac and PC do not use the same key.

How much is it for another set of Permanent Liscense Key for the Mac? Or is it free if I just wanted to switch back and fort?

My PC is running a little slow now so I plan to use the Mac for awhile and run LW on the PC once its upgraded.

Thanks again.

Kurtis
06-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Wickster,

We do not charge for multi-platform support. There is no charge to have both a Mac Permanent License Key and a PC Permanent License Key. You just need to install on the Mac, get the Mac Hardware Lock ID, and call or email Customer Service. Tell them you're installing your license on a Mac also, and they will give you a Permanent License Key for it as well.

joeldberry
06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Wickster,

We do not charge for multi-platform support. There is no charge to have both a Mac Permanent License Key and a PC Permanent License Key. You just need to install on the Mac, get the Mac Hardware Lock ID, and call or email Customer Service. Tell them you're installing your license on a Mac also, and they will give you a Permanent License Key for it as well.

Kurtis,

I heard/read/saw somewhere that there was a $99 charge when switching platforms, unless you were switching at the same time as purchasing an upgrade. Where, if anywhere, does the $99 come into play, or is that no longer the situation?

Thanks,

jdb

Wickster
06-14-2005, 10:35 AM
I heard/read/saw somewhere that there was a $99 charge when switching platforms, unless you were switching at the same time as purchasing an upgrade.

You know, I kind of read that somewhere also, so what is the deal with that $99 pricing?

It would be great if switching platforms were free. After all we're only limited to one dongle so it's still one license, Mac "or" PC and not Mac "and" PC.

Thanks.

Kurtis
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
As George Lucas likes to say, "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

That goes back to the days when there were versions for the Amiga, SGI, Mac, and PC.

There is a charge ($30) for a non-upgrade dongle swap, and there is different upgrade pricing when coming all the way up from an Amiga, but there is no charge when going from Mac to PC, or vice-versa. We're cool like that. :cool:

Wickster
06-14-2005, 12:41 PM
...but there is no charge when going from Mac to PC, or vice-versa. We're cool like that. :cool:

And that is why I love Newtek...I like to hang out with the cool kids. Now where's my lightsabre!

Thanks again.