View Full Version : city flight(wip)

adboy
02-14-2003, 04:50 PM
working on this and trying to polish it
some feedback on the look would be apreciated

thanks guys

Gluge
02-14-2003, 05:10 PM
I think it's just lacking in 2 areas, I'm sure your probably aware..

1. Lighting - looks toooo dark (on my monitor anyway?) spread some more fill lights around... I prefer spots with shadow maps.. looks like you could use a good 8+ as I think both the buildings in the BG and the road / ships could use some.. say like 4 each at 25% or something.. unless ya already got some.. I know it's hard to see what light set up you've got going now..

2. Texturing, textures you've got look good, I take it your going for a real cleen look for the most part? I've give all the building luminiousity maps, for windows that have lights on and off, etc. (like you've done for some of them..) and diffuse, spec. probably bump, etc. basicly just finnish it up 8*)

modeling looks good, but it's hard to say for sure with the dark lighting 8*)

road looks good 8*) maybe a little spec map on it?

nice job. love the sky and designs

riki
02-14-2003, 08:34 PM
mmmm nice feel, just needs some more detail and surfacing. Is there some motion blur? I'm just wonderring if a car is racing along this track, how many seconds the scene will be in shot. My guess is about 3 secs max which makes me wonder how much detail you really need??

Maybe someone else has a better idea. I've always been a bit confused. If you have a car flying through a city scene do you need to rebuild a whole new section of city for every 3 seconds of footage. uuggh sounds like a lot of work :-)

adboy
02-15-2003, 03:03 AM
http://www.btinternet.com/~realism3d/tunn5.avi

maybe that'll clear it up a bit for ya :)

2meg divx 5.02