PDA

View Full Version : how can i render the wireframe subpatch i see in modeler?

BnE
04-26-2003, 10:49 AM
how can i do that simply? i don't like the rendering of the mesh in layout with object subpatch level at 0. i can make screenshot in the modeler, but i can't have exactly the same camera angle... please help...

Dirk
04-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Maybe there are other solutions, but, depending on the complexity of your model, you can do the following:

-give any of the cage-polygons a separate surface

-copy the cage into a 2nd layer, flip it and paste it back into layer 1

-make all surfaces 100% transparent

in layout, open the object properties ("p"), click on the "edges"-tab and select "surfaces border"

this is what You can get by this methode:

BnE
04-26-2003, 11:37 AM
your technic sounds great but my mesh is way too complex to do that. it's around 4000 polys... here it is... do you have any idea? and by the way thank you....

BnE
04-26-2003, 11:40 AM
and year this is the rendering i'd like to have, but with the good camera angle...

Dirk
04-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Au weia.

Well, You could do it with just 2 or 3 surfaces, distributed like on a checkerboard, so the surface settings wouldnt be such a hassle. But You still had to select all the polygons by hand....

... nice modell, though.

BnE
04-26-2003, 11:58 AM
thank you but you know i'm looking for a "really" simple technic or plugin that would not take time... i'm a big fat lazy guy... and thank for tanking time to answer my questions... :D you answer really fast that's cool...

Dirk
04-26-2003, 01:44 PM
...big, fat and lazy? Yeah, me, too... (at least fat & lazy)

And I like to dream about some self-modeled computer girls, too:

BnE
04-26-2003, 02:31 PM
yao! year... sweeet. strange futuristic costume, but sweet... hmmm... ;)