PDA

View Full Version : Tute Needed for Mapping onto Smallish Area

mjroddy
06-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm looking to put a video onto an object.
Thing is, I'd like to have that video mapped only onto a small area of the entire object - and I'd like it to have soft boarders.
Is there a tutorial anywhere that would teach me how to do this with a still? I can then probably figure how to do it with a video clip...
Thanks much!

toby
06-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Set the video texture's 'Width' and 'Height' Tile to Reset. Set the scale and position where you want the video. Duplicate this layer.

Make a white image with a soft black border the same size as the video. Replace the video image in the upper layer with this black&white image. Set this layers' blending mode to Alpha.

mjroddy
06-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks very much Toby.
I should have mentioned that this image (video) will be mapped onto a globe, so doing it the way you mentioned will create another image on the back side of the globe (which I'm rotating the camera around).
I THOUGHT it might have to be done with weight maps, but I don't really know how to work with those, so I was asking for the tute.
Thanks again, though. I understood everything you said, and if it weren't a globe, it would have been swell.

toby
06-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Ah, that's an easy one -
Select the polygons where you don't want the video to show and make it a different surface, then give both surfaces the same basic texture, and have one with the video and one without.

Or make an image that's black on one half and white on the other. Apply this as Planar on the Y and set this layer to 'alpha'.