PDA

View Full Version : Like the new title and nav graphics on the fourm

Lude
06-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Chuck and co, I was on bitching about Newtek’s site a last week, but I have to say I do like the new graphics added to the top of the forum.

It gives it a much lighter, creative and friendly feeling. Much nicer than the heavy grey look it had. It’s much more fitting of the forum system.

Maybe the main site could go with a lighter cleaner look as well, any plans on this front.

Lude.

Lude
06-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Oh and you guys could add this code to your CSS powering the button's on the dropdown menus at the top:

.(What ever the style name is) {
cursor: pointer;
cursor: hand;
}

With this you will see the wee hand mouse pointer when rolling over them instead of the normal text curser.

blabberlicious
06-11-2005, 08:22 AM
An RSS feed would be nice, like Spinquad and CGTalk

:-)

Para
06-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh and you guys could add this code to your CSS powering the button's on the dropdown menus at the top:

.(What ever the style name is) {
cursor: pointer;
cursor: hand;
}

With this you will see the wee hand mouse pointer when rolling over them instead of the normal text curser.

My knowledge of CSS is limited but doesn't the first line with "pointer" get nullified by the "hand" line making it obsolete?

Also I think the forum is part of major reconstruction of NewTek's site, for example the SIGGRAPH page (http://www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2005/index.php) has similar look which leads me to believe to what I just said.

FranK10
06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
It is because of browser compatibility:
with IE you must use their proprietary attibute 'hand',
with the standar ones it is ok with 'pointer'

Silkrooster
06-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I agree, I like the new header as well. Looks fresh and clean(Laundry commercial insert here). :D BTW, I get the hand pointer on my system. I have IE6.
Silk

Lude
06-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I get the hand pointer on my system. I have IE6.

Yes that's correct but they need to use both style settings for it to work in almost all browsers.

I’m using Firefox, and don't see it. I’m a web designer first and for most so I know this would help.

JML
06-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I like it too , the rest of the website should get this color scheme too, that might be nice..

Brian Arndt
06-13-2005, 10:22 AM
one step at a time :) all the product pages are converted for the most part. . The whole site is getting restructured as well , hence its taking a good chunk of time. But it will eventually all be converted.

Glad you all like it! feedback is always welcome :)

Brian Arndt
06-13-2005, 10:32 AM
thanks for the hint Lude. its fixed now.

adrian
06-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey Brian, didn't you like those snow-capped mountains anymore? I thought that was an awesome render.

Adrian.

Chuck
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Is anyone else having the problem of not seeing the NewTek top nav bar and header when viewing the forum? I'm the only one internally seeing this issue, and it is specific to Netscape; things show up as they should in IE. Using Win XP SP2 on a Dell laptop, see this in both Netscape 7.2, and in 8.0.1 when using the Firefox page renderer. Maybe I've got an option set wrong?

Karmacop
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Maybe you have "load images from the originating site only" option checked in your options? That's all I can think of.

Chuck
06-15-2005, 08:26 AM
That was set to "Accept all images"...

Karmacop
06-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Can you go to http://www.newtek.com/images/forum/header/header_lw_main.jpg

Chuck
06-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Yes, I can; but neither this graphic nor the NewTek top menu bar graphics show when I am on the forum pages. I'm thinking it's got to be some hinky setting buried somewhere, but I'm just bamboozled for finding it.

Karmacop
06-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Well it sounds like the problem I suggested, that it doesn't like getting the image from a different domain (although I thought sub domains would be fine). So yeah, it just sounds like a weird setting somewhere. I haven't used Netscape, but maybe it's something wrong with their options eg it's changing the ie options but not the firefox settings. I wouldn't be too worried about it until more people complain ;)