PDA

View Full Version : Just got lightwave- Need Tips

AllStarGamer101
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Whats the wright way in saving documents, modles, objects ect.

How does layering work, or what are useful ways in doing so.

And how do I color texture things, like little detail.

I have Photoshop 7, can I do anything with that.

Right now I Can do simple Boxy Buildings(Very simplistic) I use the knife toll mostly with (Shift-K and Shift-F)

And if you have tips or tricks please post them.

Thanx.

ACLOBO
06-10-2005, 03:59 PM
not to sound rude, but the first tip that I can give is to read the manual for the basic stuff. There are plenty of books and magazines and even videos for sale or download. However, if you don't understand the basic weilding of the tools, the stuff in all the books and magazines might not make much sense to you as they are meant for those that understand the basics.

-Adrian

joeldberry
06-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Go here http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/index.html and read/watch everything you see... in some cases more than once.

You will find that people are not very receptive to generalized questions like those you pose. You may as well have asked, "I just bought Lightwave 3D: how do I use it?" which will get you nothing but roasted in these forums.

Watch the video tutorials. Read the printed tutorials. Go to www.wordware.com and buy some books (also check out Inside Lightwave 8 by Dan Ablan) and then visit 3dgarage.com or kurvstudios.com and get tutorials there.

Also, spend more time with the manual...

THEN come back here and ask specific questions...

jdb

Intuition
06-10-2005, 04:36 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

Go there and/or

Read the Manuals.

Don't let the two programs Lightwave and Modeler scare you off.

Plus, people here will try to help you out.

Weetos
06-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't wanna sound rude either, but the kind of questions you've asked makes me think you just didn't even open the manual, and trust me you won't go far that way. Please read the manual (including the getting started guide), experiment by yourself, buy the extra resources you need (tutorials,books, DVD, whatever there are also bunches of free learning material available on the web) and then you might create wonderful things. This community will help you to get there. But if you don't do your part of the job, I'm afraid that the people over here won't spend much time answering your questions :rolleyes:

All I said has already been said, but oh well :)

Welcome to LW, and enjoy every byte of it :p

SplineGod
06-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Ive got about 4 hours of free video tutorials online. The links are in my Sig. :)

kml12
06-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Read the manual and start off with basic objects around the house as modeling subjects, once you get a good feel for a basic model move to layout and start playing with surfacing and rendering.

Wade
06-10-2005, 10:21 PM
This is a great place to be and ask questions - but first push yourself, read some then when you hit a wall ask away. For really quick answers do a word or topic search! So much has been asked and answered already try the SEARCH in the forums you will find a wealth of info ready of the pickin, and no waiting for replies!!!

Best to you,

Wade :)