PDA

View Full Version : Switch camera in animation?

Salem78
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I wanna make a short movie with 3 clips in the same scene.
I use frame 0 to frame 180 for clip 1, frame 180 to 360 for clip 2 and 360 to 480 for clip 3.

In clip 1 I want one target in the camera, but in clip 2 I want another target. My idea is to add a new camera for clip 2 and target the other object on it. But is it possible to switch to camera 2 in an animation?
If not, is it possible to switch targets in camera in an animation?

ufo3d
06-10-2005, 01:33 AM
go to www.flay.com, there is a plugin that can do exactly what you wanna do.

Surrealist.
06-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Just a couple of ideas...

In Lightwave there are both simple down and dirty ways and there are things more advanced like expressions and other things.

As to a simple down and dirty way. Target the camera to a null. That null then can be parented with with Parenter (select Camera, Motion options(m) Add Modifier/Parenter.) to as many objects on the fly and switch between them. So your camera simply stays targeted to the null as it switches "targets"

A video on Parenter:ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/p2_web.mov

As to the multi camera idea I think all you have to do is simpply render with it selected so you render the frames you want with one camera and then the frames you want with the other, stoping the animation inbetwee i.e. 1-180 then 181-360 etc.

Just compile the animation from frames rendered after the fact which you should do anyway.

Now I do know much more about multicameras (maybe that could be a plug in as ufo3d suggested). Someone else will have ideas on that I'm sure and some other ideas for the targets as well.

Hope this gets the wheels turning anyway.

Salem78
06-10-2005, 04:39 AM
go to www.flay.com, there is a plugin that can do exactly what you wanna do.
Thanks, that plugin works fine!

EDIT:
Are there any limits for cameras in CameraDirector?
I'm working with a movie I would like to use about 20 clips. So far it works with 10 cameras. But with camera 11 the main_camera doesn't follow the camera 11's positions and rotations. I have tried adjust it in Graph Editor but it doesnt help.
There's no panic, some of those cameras I already have added have no targets, so I can use them again for the rest of the clips, but it would nice to have a camera for each clip.