PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Bathroom

shandaman
06-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Here is my latest finished work plz tell me what you think!!!!

ravantra
06-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Nice...Just one comment everything seems to be reflecting something except the mirror....maybe just changing the camera angle may help??

shandaman
06-09-2005, 01:08 PM
No I tried that just cant get it to work i have a technique for that though for my final portfolio shot but thats about the most i can do in lw.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Nice, but I think most things have too high reflection values. If you're using Fprime, you might want to add reflection blurring to some of the surfaces.

kevinmcpoland
06-11-2005, 01:44 PM
lwwiz,

The main thing that stands out for me is the lighting...

The light source should be from the two strip lights on the ceiling, but it seems clear that there is at least some sort of regular point light just above the mirror, and from looking at the ceiling, you seem to just be using 2 more point lights in the centre of the strip lights.

This has the effect that your shadows don't seem right either...

Also, I can't see the bath or shower taps anywhere...it's these sorts of touches that people notice.

Anyway, I only comment because you asked us to comment what we think...

Kev McP

Captain Obvious
06-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Also, I can't see the bath or shower taps anywhere...it's these sorts of touches that people notice.
I think this is it.

kevinmcpoland
06-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Captain Obvious,

I looked at those, but I think the top one is actually the handle to open the shower door, and the bottom one, well, a bit unusual as I guess most bath taps have at least 2 or 3 elements, e.g. Cold Tap, Hot Tap and Faucet...

But still, I accept I could be wrong... :)

Kev McP

mattclary
06-14-2005, 06:09 AM
How sure are you of the scale? I t looks a little off, mainly the toilet. Other than that looks pretty nice.

Captain Obvious
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
How sure are you of the scale? I t looks a little off, mainly the toilet. Other than that looks pretty nice.
How big toilets are varies greatly from country to country, I think. In Sweden, most toilets are between 35 and 45 centimeters in hight. If the sink is 90 centimeters, it seems to be in scale.

shandaman
06-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, everythign is the proper scale and i have the hot / cold water adjsuter in the wall of the shower / bathtub. This is the type of adjuster I have it works quite well lol. anyhow thanks all and about the lighting I have the two lights at the ceilign and the one above the sink / mirror didnt come out to well im waiting for 64 bit version of lw to re render but ill get it done for sure.