PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9?

archiea
04-26-2003, 07:42 AM
he he...

Well since LW 8 has already been annouced, I was wondering when would someone here step up and start DEMANDING info on version 9.

Lightwave 8? thats so yesterday.....

Lamont
04-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Dude, I've been using 8 for a week and I can't get anything done:

Here's my feature request:

[list=1]
Mega Sub D's - They just adaptively and spontaneously add sub-divisions where it thinks or feels you need it.
I want to be able to open any format I want, regardless of the application of origin. Say I want to open a Maya file?
I want everything to be one mouse click. Like a base human model. Everyone knows you get high-end apps to do all the guess work for you. Who needs to know anything... make a plug-in.
Make Lightwave into an OS.... totally bypass the more intergrated stuff. Screw Microsoft and Apple at the same time.
I want to use my Easy Bake Over as a render device. Where's the intergration with household appliances that was promised back in ver 5.0?
I want what the other apps have that Lightwave doesn't. I know I barely use those features, but it REALLY BURNS ME UP INSIDE KNOWING SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING I DON'T!!
NewTek should know what things I need, they need to listen to me and only me.
[/list=1]

I think that covers it.

archiea
04-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Yopu forgot to mention your yearnings for Lightwave 10. You know, the one that includes its own hardware for rendering.... "Lightwave on a PCI card". Your CPU just takes care of email and websurfing, that way LW renderings won't effect all of the posting that you'll do here asking for Lightwave 11...

Speaking of LW 11....

cresshead
04-26-2003, 04:43 PM
hmmm..nothing about lw 8 on the news section of wwwluxology.net as yet..maybe they don't want to shout about a competing product???

..couldn't resist that observation seeing as all those rumours have been put to bed for the time being...!

steve g
:D

Rei
04-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Well, im still waiting for LightWave 50, when i will finally be able to render everything on my digital watch. Until them, I am going to stick to verson 1.0.

:D :D :D

Rei

Valter
04-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Rei
Well, im still waiting for LightWave 50, when i will finally be able to render everything on my digital watch. Until them, I am going to stick to verson 1.0.

Rei

hahahaha:D :D :D

Psyhke
04-27-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by cresshead
hmmm..nothing about lw 8 on the news section of wwwluxology.net as yet..maybe they don't want to shout about a competing product???

Maybe, but their entire site already shouts about Lightwave. So something wouldn't quite add up if that were so.

prospector
04-27-2003, 06:59 PM
LW9 straight thru the grapevine, so SSHHHHH it's still top secret so the compitition dosen't find out...

menuless..total voice control.
upgrade from 8 will be 895 and INCLUDES heating/massaging reclining chair WITH food service tray that folds to side when not munching, all-in-1 remote for the TV,Satallite,DVD,stereo.
Altho still not integrated (thank you Newtek), because of voice control, it will seem totally like 1 app.

And I got that right from the top

mattclary
04-28-2003, 01:09 PM
I heard version 10 was going to have a wetware interface. Jack straight into your brain. This way, you can serve as your own dongle. Reads your DNA and only works for you.

Rei
04-28-2003, 01:14 PM
I can think of some people who that would suck for. Imagine the hackers:

No damnit I am not changing my DNA so that I can use LW!!!

Doran
05-05-2003, 04:40 PM
....hmmm, with a DNA dongle identical twins and clones would get their Lightwave licenses for cheap since they could split the cost.

I'm still waiting for the "make it really cool" button so that I could crank out tons of mediocre scenes and then make them award winners with the click of a button.

archiea
05-05-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm still waiting for the next big push button effect to replace lens flares. Remember back in the early ninties, you just added a lens flare to your dreivative Logo design and suddenly its like "ooohh" and "ahhas".

Probably with all of the auto rigging plug ins and mocap libraries thats out there we'll will be seeing mocapped "character animation" in canned rigs on Mexican TV commercials. Kind of like the Toasterwipes in Engles Sin Barrerras, how the first week they aired it was like ... amazing. then soon everybody had a toaster.....

:D

mastermesh
05-06-2003, 07:57 AM
Is the term Lightwave copyrighted?

Maybe Newtek will buy out the copyright on Lightwave Console Servers and use that technology to integrate into the Toaster :)

http://www.e-business.com/products/console-servers.htm

and while they are at it, the next version of Lightwave should have a flashlight, so why not integrate the lightwave one?
http://www.batteryville.com/catagories/flashlights.htm

faulknermano
05-06-2003, 08:43 AM
know what i wish for? "stroke-based polygon realignment". get it? select a bunch of polygons and then STROKE! polygons flow towards the direction of the stroke. not the most hi-tech of what's been suggested. but i think it's a pretty cool idea. :D