PDA

View Full Version : give me advices please(^_^)

maya_japanese
06-08-2005, 12:47 PM
i am japanese, so i may use wrong english... i hope you guys can understand.

ok. here is my question.

i am trying to improve this image. i want more opinion from LW users so that i can make it more real and nice image.

i am using LW8 and photoshop. i am a beginner of both programs.

this is another questioin i've been always wondering.
i mostly use autocad for my work, so i usually transfer the floor plan with dxf format to LW. but then it always appears different scale! for example, 7' becomes 205'. how can i keep the correct(original) size from dxf file.

thank you

i attach my LW work.

Dodgy
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
You might get a better response with a different name :) Maya's not a polite word round here ;)

The ground is a bit too reflective, even if it's been raining. You need to raise your anti aliasing level, that'll get rid of the jagged lines running along your building. Basically it looks too clean, you need to look at your materials a bit more. The modellng is fine, but your surfaces need looking at.

As for your scale problem, I think LW reads 1 inch=1m, so I scaled my dxfs by 0.025 and that got them the right size.

prospector
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
put some AA on the camera, we can then see it better.
I like the wet driveway

maya_japanese
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
now, i understand why LW changes the scale! :)
i will try!

and anti aliasing level is fine. i mean each line looks so weird because i scale down it from original size. original size is 3300x 2550, and shows fine line.. but thank you.

about nick name, i just used my first name :) i totally forgot about another program. i tried to change this name, but there is no option. do you know how?

anyways, what is AA??

JML
06-08-2005, 02:32 PM
nice, I like the plants..

maybe you can put more cars, and add more reflections to them...
maybe some low-poly people ?

paulrus
06-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Watashi no nihongo ha amari jouzu ja arimasen - gomen ne.

BBS - www.spinquad.com no user Tessolator ha Nihon ni suunde masu. Dakara nihongo wo hanasemasu.

Jya mata (^-^)/

Paul yori

Ratboy
06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
That's pretty good for a beginner (^^

Your textures are very, very, very clean. You might want to try adding some subtle procedural color and diffuse variations to your building textures. The Dents procedural, with a small X and Z value and a large Y value can give you some nice rain streak effects.

jnddepew
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
now, i understand why LW changes the scale! :)
i will try!

and anti aliasing level is fine. i mean each line looks so weird because i scale down it from original size. original size is 3300x 2550, and shows fine line.. but thank you.

about nick name, i just used my first name :) i totally forgot about another program. i tried to change this name, but there is no option. do you know how?

anyways, what is AA??

you don't really have to change your name. Dodgy was just joking. :rolleyes:

Dodgy
06-08-2005, 04:07 PM
you don't really have to change your name. Dodgy was just joking. :rolleyes:

Yeah :) Don't take me seriously :)

maya_japanese
06-08-2005, 04:21 PM
because so many people actually replying for me! this is amazing.

Ratboy>
yeah, my rain reflection is a little bit strange... it should get extended more on Y direction. how can i change? surface editor??

paulrus>
arigatou gozaimasita. paulrus ha lightwave wo benkyo- ****erundesuka? ato, Tessolator san ha mitukarimasen de****a...

JML>
i bought 3D plants objects. no wonder it looks nice, isn't it? :) :)
unfortunately, i don't have 3D people. do you know any free 3D people( good quality) or inexpensive set of these?

i will use my nickname! thank you!

jnddepew
06-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm still a newbie too so I can't make people. I f I could, I'd give them to you. You might want to look in the tutorials section to see if there are any tutorials on making people.