PDA

View Full Version : How To Improve Animation Tools in lw8

LNT
04-26-2003, 04:22 AM
the only way to make a serious step forward in developing the animation tools in lightwave is to:

1.ensure 100% channel filter interactivity between expressions and IK

2.include bone tools in layout to match the ones in modeler (a la IrrationalOrthopedics or better)

3. make a more robust OffsetEditor in MotionMixer to allow for both motion global and selectable channel on/off offset switches
(for example I want my motion to have a relative offset in x,y,z channels but want it to have an independent heading)

4.hard body dynamics in MotionDesigner

5.while I'm at it I would also request n-gon SubD support and is possible newtek developed and fully integrated hair system
(worley id doing a great job but his plugins never seem to get around certain issues with lightwave lights which makes them very difficult to use in more complex production scenes)

harhar
04-26-2003, 09:11 AM
you come up with an algorithm for that first.
The only subdivision algorithm I know are catmull clark(4 point polys) and loop scheme (3 point polys)

private
04-26-2003, 10:05 AM
To add, a dope sheet/Keytrack and to be nit picky, a resizable endomorph panel so that names are truncated if they are too long.

There's also a reason why so many people like Maya for animation, and I'd hope that Newtek can "borrow" many of the good ideas from that package and intergrate in Lightwave.

The irrational bone plugin would be a bonus to the core too!!!