PDA

View Full Version : Toaster Script Files

nicholgh
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
I've been messing around with trying to change toaster script files to see if I can change the text attributes. I've been opening them in Notepad and trying variations from other Toaster Script files.

In particular, I've been altering Lower Third #18. Which originally had two text fields. But after altering it a bit, I can't seem to get the 2nd text field back in the TriCaster Software interface. Here is the text I have in there.

NewTextItem(1, "ArialBlack_WhiteItalic", 140, 830, "Rep. Karl Jenson")
SetTextItemFontSize(1, 54.0)
SetTextItemJustification(1, "TL")

NewTextItem(2, "ArialBlack_White", 155, 925, "(D) Charlesville")
SetTextItemFontSize(2, 39.0)
SetTextItemJustification(2, "TL")

I don't think there are any mistakes in the coding but I maybe wrong. Can someone let me know if I'm doing somthing wrong or just post the original code so I can replace it. I had a backup of the original code but it doesn't work right either.

Can someone from NewTek post an explanation of the Toaster Script language so users can alter Toaster Script files?

Thanks!

tiff1967
06-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Paul is working on a tutorial for us :eek:

Cineman
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Nicholgh,

I sure canít see anything in there that doesnít match the original. Did you copy and paste this into the post? You say that your are using Notepad. Make sure there isnít a control character sitting there somewhere.

Nes Gurley

nicholgh
06-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I found out my problem.

Even though I was changing the toaster script files, the text field attributes will not change unless you remove then re-add the overlay to the Overlay Playlist. The TriCaster software might cashe some of the information until the overlay is removed from the Playlist.