PDA

View Full Version : Move, Rotatate, Zoom buttons

art
06-07-2005, 10:26 AM
The move, rotate,zoom buttons (in top right corner) seem to behave differently in modeler in layout.

How can I explain it without sounding dumb...

In layout the mouse movement seems to be "limited" by the edge of the screen when using these buttons. If I want to keep moving,rotating or zooming on a scene, i have to keep releasing and clicking on the buttons. This does not happen in modeler. I do not recall if it was always like this. Is this the correct behavior? I find it quite annoying, especially when moving mouse to the right. The right screen edge is right next to the buttons.
:o

Edit: I just found out it happens with various minisliders too.

I could bet $5 that it was not like this before. Did somethig happen to my (XP) system?
I'm on 8.0 btw.

art
06-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Nevermind...

I reinstalled LW and it works fine now. I have no idea why it happened. I would have won my bet.

evenflcw
06-08-2005, 06:41 AM
It simply sounds like the input device in LW was set as tablet instead of mouse.

art
06-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Weird, I do not recall ever doing that. I do not even have a tablet. I'll double check the setting to see if that was "it"

Thanks for the hint!

art
06-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Nope, even with the input device set to Tablet those buttons still behave as expected.

evenflcw
06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
If I switch to tablet the viewport buttons behave exactly as you describe... But lets not yap about something that isn't an issue anymore :)

art
06-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Im sorry, you are right. I do not know how I tried it before, but now I can duplicate the problem with the tablet option. :o
Such a simple fix and I reinstalled LW. how stupid of me..

Yeah, case closed. Let's not yap about it anomore :)