PDA

View Full Version : DDR Problems

JCATPRO
04-25-2003, 11:13 PM
I've been trying to use the DDR as a replay machine but it seems to always lock up when I chop a recording and try to cue up a replay for playback. I have 4 10 10,000 RPM drives stripped plus another 2 drives to handle the DVE's on a seperate chain and 1gig RAM. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks

Faraz
04-26-2003, 01:57 PM
System specs sound fine.
Give us some more info on the lock-up:
Does the DDR lock-up or does Toaster enviorment lock-up. Do you get an error? Does video still pass?

JCATPRO
04-26-2003, 07:00 PM
toaster stops responding and video passes through. I was playing with it today and I noticed that the timecode numbers displayed while recording jump neumbers.

Jim Capillo
04-27-2003, 03:51 AM
Have you done a system autoconfigure? TC may appear to jump at times...... or can you definitely see a stoppage/jump in the numbers other than the frames?

SBowie
04-27-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by JCATPRO
toaster stops responding and video passes through. I was playing with it today and I noticed that the timecode numbers displayed while recording jump neumbers. I'm sorry, but I'm still not quite sure what you're doing here.

In your initial post, you mentioned this happened when you "chop" a recording. Do you mean that if you have recorded som clips using the Chop function, when you play them back your DDR stops playing at some improper point? Do clips recorded in another fashion work OK? Or did I misunderstand what you're trying to do...

JCATPRO
04-27-2003, 07:21 PM
When I'm producing a live broadcast of a sporting event snd I need to show replays is when I'm locking up. What I'm doing is recording an angle and when I need to replay the action I hit chop. The clip loads into the DDR player and I cue it up for play back. That is when the VT2 locks up. At this point I'm still sending video but I can't use any of the modules. I have recorded clips in that play fine.

allegramaria
06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
:eek:

When I play my ddrmax it automatically starts through everything unless i hold down the start button, when it gets to the songs [if im not holding down the start button] it goes through all the list selection modes. i dont understand why it does this