PDA

View Full Version : SN node not writing files

stib
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
I've got a rather perplexing problem. I have a few Windows render boxes which are rendering to a shared drive which resides on a mac. Thing is that one of them, although it loads up teh files and renders away, never actually writes anything to the drive. It's got the same setup as its productive brethren, but it never actually produces any results. I thought it might be a firewall thing, but it is able to write its ack files which are on the same shared drive (which is actually my lightwave folder) so it's not like it can't write to the mac. I've even tested writing some files myself and that works.

I was freaking out about the read-only tag on the folder until I realised that all the machines have that and that it's a bug^h^h^h feature of the OS: just one of the reasons Windows has such respect and love among computer geeks :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

stib
06-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh my bad. For some reason (probably because I'd put a linux partition on before) windows had installed to the E:\ drive, so when it looked at the shared cfg file which had all the image saver plugins listed on the C:\ drive it didn't find em. What drives me nuts about scream-a-net is that it doesn' report errors like that. What is the point of having it chug happily way doing nothing? Even a message to the terminal window like: "couldn't save the file, image saver plugin not found" would be a clue..

UnCommonGrafx
06-07-2005, 06:15 AM
This is the reason I keep a dopus window (Windows explorer replacement) open to the directory to be fed so I can monitor that everyone is spitting frames to the right location.

Here's to hoping that the new crew puts some finesse into LWSN.