PDA

View Full Version : Cinema 4D to LW?

prospector
06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Anyone see the add for Cinema 4D which is suppose to have the LW GUI?
I downloaded the Demo XL ver (which the LW ver is suppose to be), and it looks nothing like LW.
Gave it a try anyways, after 10 min, still no box made. :mad:
I'll stick with LW.

KillMe
06-06-2005, 05:15 PM
yup hate apps that make it difficult to make a box much less edit one - and apps wthat when you make a box always dump it at the origina and insist on it being a perfect square unless you have to edit sliders =/

lightwaves box tool rocks lol

prospector
06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I just hate them icony thingys.
With LW I was at least making boxes and balls without even touching the manual.

-NG-
06-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I downloaded the Demo XL ver (which the LW ver is suppose to be), and it looks nothing like LW.
I'll stick with LW.

I gave it a try at school also, had to get a bit familiar with the UI. Today whe have classes in cinema and i hope that i will not be dissapointed.

Fausto
06-07-2005, 05:10 AM
I'll stick with LW.

I hate to say this [so, in the future, let that feeling be your guide not to post the remark you are considering, if it clearly will insult someone else. Remark removed by the moderators].

prospector
06-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I suppose if I read the manual, then I could have gotten it, but the manual is only there for weight and or longer downloads, after 12 years in LW, I still have all the manuals wrapped in plastic, have never needed them, LWs interface is self explanitory.

retinajoy
06-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Cinema is good (yucky icons though). Made a box in two clicks (within secs of my first opening of cinema and no reading manual) plus the dimensions and filleting can be interactively changed anytime from within cinemas version of the numeric requester, which can't be done in LW at the moment. Something for a LW feature request I think. :)

LW still has the edge though, depending on what you are doing. Looking forward to what Newtek and Maxon show us at Siggraph. :)

:) :) :)