PDA

View Full Version : Internal buffers too small for operation

Pe6r0
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
:X just instaled lightwave on my computer and I don't really know who to get around this problem... I don't really know what it means either :S is it a memory problem? Can it be solved?... please help

Internal buffers too small for operation

It happens everytime I make a operation that requires a lot of calculations in the modeler I think... (like creating a very complex sphere... my previous pc didn't make this error and this one is far better :S)

mattclary
06-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Making a complex sphere? How complex are you talking about??? :confused:

Pe6r0
06-06-2005, 09:25 AM
It really doesn't have too be that complex... it shows that error from >100segment sphere I think... Can it be a opengl thing? :S

Chuck
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
This can sometimes indicate a problem with the dongle. Have you checked to see that the dongle is properly attached and is working?

UnCommonGrafx
06-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Chuckle,
That's odd. Can't say I've seen too many posts about a sphere being too difficult for LW to handle.

Sounds like not a complex sphere but one of experimentation. Do as Chuck suggests and check out "Subdivision Surface" in the manual; no reason whatsoever to have a sphere with that many 'pieces'.

Pe6r0
06-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Thx for the replies.
Everything seems fine with the dongle.
It is'nt just making complex spheres, It is every operation that requires a bit more of calculus like a boollean operation or something.. It seems modeler restricted since I work with cloth dynamics with no problem (but I don't no if they are related wich leaves us with nothing :( ). Anyway I just found that restarting the modeler seems to fix the problem. However if anyone has a better way of dealing with this please share :)