PDA

View Full Version : KasterBlaster - serve your finished cuts out with your Toaster2!

djlithium
02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey there.

If you need to serve your finished or rough cuts out to your clients for approval, and you are on broadband, do it direct from your toaster2 box or another win2k/me/98 system using KasterBlaster MP3/Pro 1.0 now available from www.alphasee.com or www.kyxpyx.com (kyx versions are a t 0.8.1 but there is very little difference between the two products)

This is something everyone should check out for obvious reasons.
It's an interview I did discussing the benefits of using KasterBlaster
You will need Windows Media player 7.0 or better with the player launched externally from the browser to watch this
http://www.alphasee.com:8080/myers03001.wma
The software and more information/demos can be found at www.kyxpyx.com

A live mp3 (winamp) radio station is maintained at http://www.djlithium.com/trance.pls

If anyone has any questions, email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

A full set of on-demand WMV/WMA encoder templates are in the works for streaming using KasterBlaster. Something I know you guys have been looking for :)

Cheers!

DJ Lithium

ted
02-14-2003, 05:40 PM
This looks interesting.
One of my larger clients is about 100 miles away. I've been trying to get a decent quality method of showing them their spots without Fed Exing or e-mailing huge files.

It'd be cool if I could have them just log on and give their comments.
I'll look into this more later.
Thanks so much.

djlithium
02-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Hey Ted.

That is exactly what KasterBlaster is for. In fact most of our beta testers originally were post production studios or transfer houses and would stream the TC burned WMV files back to the directors or producers to watch the shots or dailies.

If you need configuration help, let me know.

:)

Lithium

djlithium
02-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi again.

The official release of KasterBlaster 1.0 is coming soon with some new administration features to make it easier to upload files and get access to clients with out the need of an FTP server to send your material out to a remote KasterBlaster Server.

I have also started a thread specifically for KasterBlaster which will include technical support at KasterBlaster Technical Support and Development Area (http://www.djlithium.com/forums/default.asp?CAT_ID=5)

Also, for you coders/programmers out there, the Source code is going to be made available and I am asking anyone out there who would like to play with this very cool server technology to come out of the woodwork and contribute to its development.

Cheers.

nelsonm
03-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I cut and pasted your link into wmp9. I got audio but no video. I take it that it does not work with wmp9 yet?

djlithium
03-05-2003, 01:57 AM
Yes, KB does work with Windows Media player 9.0 but it must be the full version and not the beta, and the media player much be launched externally from the browser. Currently there is a problem with WMP and IE working together for streaming content.

Kel.