PDA

View Full Version : TMPGEnc Plus

zeis
06-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Gurus,

I need a help. I have been playing the setting of tmpgenc. I have the vt toaster 4 and finish all the edit and would like to have it on dvd workshop version 2 that comes with it.

I'm not sure what I did, however, when the first time i use the tmpgenc, it create about 7.2 gb file for 1:55 minutes long.

Then my tmpenc is finish the trial. Then, I tried to use the Plus version. Now when I am going to create the mpeg file, it is about 1 gb file for the same project and it the video is really look bad than the first original one.

Where am I missing? I have been checking to check the setting on the clip frame under setting and advance however I am confused with frame with aspect ratio.

Also, I found out from the forum that ask me to check setting # 6? I don't think I have this option.

Please help? I'm pulling out my hair.

thanks in advance.

wvp
06-06-2005, 07:57 AM
You need to search the VT[1]-VT[4] forum for the word "Tmpgenc". Their is another web site that cover many of the settings that you need to use for good video, this is mentioned in numerous postings here.
Tmpgenc is not easy to use - you are trying to compress a lot of video into a small space and this is an art to master.
Tmpgenc can do it & do it well, you just need to read up on all the settings & tips and then start experimenting.

cyberhawk
08-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I have tried the free download and like it, now I want to purchase the full version. At the pegasys website I see that there is several different products to chose from. My question is: will all of them work with toaster files, and if so which one would you chose if $ wasn't an option?

Thanks,

ScorpioProd
08-02-2005, 07:00 PM
TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.

The reason being that is the one the Newtek plug-in is designed to work with.

Another reason is the 3.0 Express version requires an internet connection and calls home a lot.

Lastly, for MPEG-2 DVD production, there really aren't any advantages I know of to the 3.0 Express version.

cyberhawk
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks Eugene. I so love the quick responses and excellent help I get here :thumbsup: