PDA

View Full Version : Whats it take to get a preview around here?

Qslugs
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Anyone have a clue as to why it now takes multiple tries for the open GL to kick in when making previews. I haven't figured out a solution yet, but it seems if I run around my kitchen table 5 times, open and close my front door twice and drink a glass of water I can get my open gl preview to work.

Seriously though, it seems that the open gl preview is hit and miss. Its getting rather annoying too. Im previewing 1.2 million polys with no displacement btw. It eventually works but it takes about 5 or 6 previews to actually get the geometry to refresh. It dosent do this all the time btw.

toby
06-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Make sure you let all the viewports fully refresh before you start a preview - that should do it

Dodgy
06-06-2005, 05:59 AM
I found having motion baker on an object sometimes kyboshes it for some reason...

Qslugs
06-08-2005, 08:15 PM
The thing is in layout I rarely use more than one viewport. And yes, I let it fully refresh. In this case I am only using one viewport. It's the camera viewport.

Hmmm, interesting point though, maybe LW is really refreshing 4 viewports even though its only showing one? I know that sounds odd, but after dealing with the open gl in LW I think that there may be something to it.

toby
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
One viewport - is it full screen? I'd think that would take enough memory to choke LW. Try making it smaller?