PDA

View Full Version : FPrime and LW

spec24
06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but please please please please please please please please please please please please Newtek open the SDK to Worley so Lightwave can share ALL of it's info with FPrime.

Exception
06-06-2005, 03:01 AM
They're already working on it.

dbigers
06-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Evidently there has to be some rework of the internal structure to allow full access to the SDK. Version 8 I believe was the first step towards opening it up. I am quite sure Newtek would love for FPrime to work completely right now. As they have mentioned, they are working for a more modular nature which would allow easier hooks into the SDK.

One thing is for sure. Even in a somewhat crippled form, FPrime changes your workflow for the better. For me personally, my lighting has gotten much better for the simple fact that previewing is so much easier now. Moving and previewing lighting in near real time is amazing. Newtek is very fortunate to have a developer like Worley. They have always been at the front when it comes to plugins. Like you, I really look forward to the day that FPrime can "see" everything that F9 can. Not just FPrime, Kray as well, and any other future plugins. Although I wish they had done it sooner, Newtek is definitely on the right track, just going to take a while.

spec24
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I know - and I figured they were - it's just frustrating as most of the scenes I'm working on now are being rendered in FPrime, I just reeeeeeally want it :):)