PDA

View Full Version : object light settings - please help

Pe6r0
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
hi. I just completed modeling a mining ship and I finished configuring it's light settings in the layout. The lights are a part of the ship and I intend to use them in other scenes. Is there anyway I can save an object with the lights? luxigons only save the light positions right? The thing is I don't want to be configuring the lights every time I want to use that ship. Any suggestions?

MonroePoteet
06-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Save the fully configured and lighted model as a scene (I usually name the scene <model>_Base.LWS), and then use the Load=>From Scene function. Load From Scene will ask if you want to load the lights from the scene as well.

mTp

toby
06-05-2005, 04:44 PM
You can also use Luxigons in Modeler, place a poly where you want the light and select 'Setup/add luxigon'. In layout go to 'add lights/convert luxigons'.

Not as good as the scene idea, but it's another option, and it's easier to initially setup than placing lights in layout.

Pe6r0
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
thx :)
the load from scene really did the trick :)

I use luxigons too, but only for the lights positions qhen I'm modelling the object

Pe6r0
06-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Can other settings be imported in such a way (like bones?)

toby
06-11-2005, 02:05 PM
:rolleyes:
Jeez I just noticed that you already knew about Luxigons - I'm a goof.

Skelegons is what you use for Bones. There's quite a bit to know about them so you might want to study the manual. There are Powergons for other things but you have to use expressions or something -

Pe6r0
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I already know about skelegons, they actually help a LOT :D I was wondering if u can use the load from scene option for bones too (so that I don't have to match each bone with the correct weight map every time :) - I'm still a bit ???! on bones and weightmaps but the manual helps a lot :)

toby
06-11-2005, 02:36 PM
doohhh!

Yes, load from scene is used to store character rigs, car rigs and light rigs, there are a few things that don't load from scene, global things like radiosity or fog settings -

Is that what you mean?

Pe6r0
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
(Y) yeap :D
just saved a LOT of work