PDA

View Full Version : selective antialiasing

3dworks
06-05-2005, 05:42 AM
can we have a selective antialiasing render mode, means that we can define antialiasing on a per object base? that would be great!

markus

Exper
06-14-2005, 09:25 AM
It should require, As far as I know about LW renderer, a complete rewrite from scratch! :o

Karmacop
06-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Not really. There's selective anti-aliasing at the moment, where it just antialiases parts of the image with high contrast. So Newtek could make a hack so that whole objects seemed to be too contrasted :)

I don't know if they'd do that, but it's a cheap hack around it. A plugin probably wouldn't be able to do this though.

Exper
06-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Yep... another hack can solve the problem; or a third-party plugin which uses Special Buffer values looking for object's border (I'm just thinking about the extra-memory amount needed by this one... big amount).

All of them aren't real object-based Antialiasing, as far as it's implemented in other applications, and LW's rendering engine approach (that similar Z-buffer technique) could make it really hard to implement it (IMHO) untill NT switch to a different one.