PDA

View Full Version : bug with Distant light - LW 8.3

id-box
06-05-2005, 04:13 AM
Hi

I notice a bug in LW 8.3 - Mac os 10.3.6

Use distant Light - In render options check ray trace shadows.
When you render a frame, all is black.
You can check in real time with Fprime

Someone notice this bug too ?

Regards

id-box

Darth Mole
06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Uh, no. What are you actually doing?

id-box
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Really sorry but i don't understand the question :) What you mean ?

id-box

toby
06-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Did you start a new/different scene to test this problem? Try a scene from the LW Content directory.

JackDeL
06-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I had something very similar to this happen back in 7.5b - c. about a year ago. I never found any one else on these forums (or any other) that complained of this and my e-mail to Newtek support went unanswered, so the only way around it was to rebuild my scene. :mad:

Honestly, I still don't know what the problem was, and everytime I open that scene I cross my fingers! :(

id-box
06-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi

Yes i start a new scene to test this problem.
Its interesting, with new scene problem.
I try a scene on the content directory and no problem

Strange

id-box

toby
06-06-2005, 03:02 AM
What if you change it to a different kind of light, render, and then change it back?
A spotlight can substitute for a distant light by the way -

id-box
06-06-2005, 03:06 AM
i already do this test.
If i change to spotlight for exemple. No problem. I render. I come back to distant light and bug
Its just a bug with distant light and new thing : just in a new scene. If i open an other scene from the content directory, no problem.

id-box

JackDeL
06-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I my case, after the distant light bug popped up; EVERY light - spot, point etc, etc, showed the same issue! :confused: These was no way for me to "fix" it. Even closing the scene without saving changes wouldn't put it back to rights. It was really strange! Re-building the scene was my only option. I did re-open the (latetest) scene file and it rendered without problems. :rolleyes:

id-box
06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
For me just bug with distant light.

I use a scene on the content directory. Erase all the objects, save this scene and use it when i need distant light. Its the tip i find.

id-box