PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Vs. LW Render Difference

nickej
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm trying to set up textures on a complicated little bug I've been working on, but I've run into difficulty. Because I'm using some plugins and effects such as normal displacement, I've decided to use the LW native renderer for my finals, but for some reason the LW native render is going really dark on me, especially as compared to the FPrime render. This makes it impossible to tweak textures using FPrime, which is one of the main reasons I got it. If anyone could give me some pointers as to what might be going on here, I'd really appreciate it.
The darker render is the LW native one. As you can see, clefts that ought to be darker sort of glow--it's as though my diffuse map got inverted, although I assure you it isn't.
The lighter render, the FPrime one, is closer to what I want, except it doesn't pick up normal displacement, SasLite, etc. These were both produced from the same scene, same settings.
As you can also see, the FPrime render also ignores all the bone deformations on the legs and antennae.
Ghaaaaa!