PDA

View Full Version : welcome VIPER enhancements

LSlugger
06-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I just upgraded from 7.5d to 8.3 this weekend, and I'd like to give a thumbs up to VIPER. I immediately noticed the new mosaic mode. My only suggestion is renaming it from "mosaic" to "progressive." For that matter, get rid of draft and normal--they're obsolete.

I also noticed that I can now change the preview size without re-rendering. It's not hyper, it's not a 'gon; it's just a simple enhancement, and it's good to see.

Snosrap
06-04-2005, 08:50 PM
It's not hyper, it's not a 'gon; it's just a simple enhancement, and it's good to see.

I agree 100%. Not that I hardly ever use VIPER since I got FPrime, but it's great for Hypervoxels etc. Also I have read here on this and several other forums where the user was using VIPER mainly to select the surface to be adjusted, which might not be a bad idea. I'll have give it a try and see how it works.

Cheers Snos

Captain Obvious
06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I can't get Mosaic Viper rendering to work... is there anything you have to do to enable it? It just won't render anything when I choose it. I'm running 8.2 on Mac OS 10.4.

LSlugger
06-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I've mostly been using 8.3 on Windows 2000. Now that I try it on OS X 10.4.1, mosaic mode doesn't really work. It doesn't display anything unless you first select one of the other modes first. Then, if you change a surface value, it's like the progressive render stops after the first iteration. That's disappointing.

Captain Obvious
06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I can't even make that much happen. It's just black.