PDA

View Full Version : Bone Tools

Darksuit
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
If i could change one thing ...

I would be able to activate the bones in Modeler so that I could test the weights and infulences of the bones without having to swap back and forth between Layout and Modeler.

:)

Dodgy
06-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Do you use Vertex paint? You can rotate bones in it and see the weighting effects....

Darksuit
06-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I am much more of a fan of setting my vertexs weights by spread sheet... being that is how i do it in Maya.

One of the problems I have with using a paint on surface anything is that i find that is slower and more CPU intensive than achiving the same result with a faster method.

IE. Selecting a group of vertices and assigning a weight to them, verus painting a weight and trying to see if you got all the right spots and hopefully you didnt overpaint to another area.

If said tool does not work across multiple layers then its not really that useful.

What I would like to be able to do...
have at least two layers
1. Main Model
2. Bone Layer

Be able to Move the Bones on Layer 2 and see how the mesh is deforming without applying or adjusting Vert weights.

To do this you would have to be able to convert the skelgons in modeler and then be able to tell the mesh which layers where being effected by the bones.

I would also like to be able to set up my IK and Rig in Modeler as well...

parm
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Yes, it would be great to use bones as a modeling tool within modeler, as well.

parm