PDA

View Full Version : Short Film

Paul Brunson
06-02-2005, 10:29 AM
New Short Film with Lightwave effects! http://www.empyreus.net to download it.

It is a Star Wars Fan film; a parody about a Starwars Nerd. Made mainly by four college kids. One of them being myself. It was made almost solely using Newtek Products. We used the Toaster to edit. Aura for our compositing and Lightwave for our 3D effects.

We originally made the film to be entered in www.Atomfilm.com's Star Wars Fan film contest. But now we're hosting it on our own.

Comments or critiques most welcome. Here, if thats ok with Newtek. Or we also have a forum on our website. People are welcome to discuss the movie there as well.

Paul Brunson
06-02-2005, 09:07 PM
There were some download problems earlier. We should have those resolved for anyone that may have run into them.

Gui Lo
06-03-2005, 01:55 AM
GREAT!!
Really funny.
Loved Duke running through the forest and the bit trying to use the lightsabre.

The effects looked spot on.

Well done

Gui Lo

Paul Brunson
06-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks Gui Lo. Glad you enjoyed it. That part of the movie was probably one of the funnest to film. We gave basic directions to our actor (Sam Wessels) and just turned him loose. :)

zent29
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
:) I think the effects and camera work, were top notch! The fighting looked excellent, and the ship model looked real. Great job.

lesterfoster
06-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Nice work.

Did you use a Glide cam or Steady cam to make the seen where Duke was running through the forest?

How long before there will be a sequel? :cool:

nelsonm
06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi,

A very cute short... nice work. :)

I did wish for two things though...
1. Duke dragging the dead or wounded jedi into the ship. After all, jedi's never leave anyone behind. :eek:
2. Duke landing the ship in the courtyard where the love interest and friend are and telling them where he's going, then gathering up the courage to kiss his love interest before leaving. :rolleyes:

... and ya, make a sequel.

gordonrobb
06-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Great! Laughed out loud when he hit the other guy over the head with the light saber. :D

iaef
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi,

A very cute short... nice work. :)

I did wish for two things though...
1. Duke dragging the dead or wounded jedi into the ship. After all, jedi's never leave anyone behind. :eek:
2. Duke landing the ship in the courtyard where the love interest and friend are and telling them where he's going, then gathering up the courage to kiss his love interest before leaving. :rolleyes:

... and ya, make a sequel.
...tell point 1 to Obi Wan. :D

Hey! nice site! I love Star Wars stuff! :)