PDA

View Full Version : It's now official!!

Jeff Jacobs
06-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Well, it's official. I can now put Lightwave on my list of buggiest, unusable, unintuitive softwares in history of the world. I 've used a lot of different 3d softwares and am a betatester for several, but I give up on Lightwave.

I bought the maxwell plugin, but since upgrading to 8.2 and 8.3 I can't load any obj files or load 3ds files. The import option is grayed out. I use to do this and I have a couple renders to prove it, but now, I can't even get started becuase I can't import a simple file format that is suppose to be supported. What the **** is wrong with this software and why the **** is it so **** finicky!!!???

Darth Mole
06-01-2005, 08:09 AM
My version imports OBJs just fine - when it says Load Object, in the Open/Save panel, select All Documents instead of LightWave Objects. Then click on your OBJ mesh.

Jeff Jacobs
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
My version imports OBJs just fine - when it says Load Object, in the Open/Save panel, select All Documents instead of LightWave Objects. Then click on your OBJ mesh.

I've done that . It always tries but the error "failed to load object" comes up everytime for objs, 3ds, dxf-anything not drawn directly in modeler.

I use to be able to do it, but nothing loads now. I'm on a mac and Tiger. Pretty **** frustrating.

pdrake
06-01-2005, 10:02 AM
this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. trash your prefs and reload your plugs.

Jeff Jacobs
06-01-2005, 01:42 PM
this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. trash your prefs and reload your plugs.

That did the trick pdrake. Thanks.