PDA

View Full Version : Software Boot

nicholgh
05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
I've had my TriCaster about two weeks.

Sometimes when the TriCaster software is booting it freezes on a message that says something along the lines of, "TriCaster might not be responding. Do want to [restart TriCaster] or [wait 10 seconds]. And either selection just keeps taking me back to the same message. SOmetimes after multiple tries it just dumps me back into XP. (admin)

thoughts?

Paul Lara
06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
From the admin desktop. go to Task Manager, and make sure that the following tasks are shut down:
TriCaster.exe, TriCaster.bin, winrtme

Then re-start.

Cineman
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
I've had my TriCaster about two weeks.

"TriCaster might not be responding. Do want to [restart TriCaster] or [wait 10 seconds]. And either selection just keeps taking me back to the same message. SOmetimes after multiple tries it just dumps me back into XP. (admin)

thoughts?

From the admin desktop. go to Task Manager, and make sure that the following tasks are shut down:
TriCaster.exe, TriCaster.bin, winrtme

Then re-start.

Same problem, and same loop, except that it never dumps me back to the admin desktop. How do I proceed Paul?

fowlkes
06-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm having the same problem with mine. It normally is fixed with a reboot but I'd like a fix to this as it is confusing for my production people. Thanks much.

nicholgh
06-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Paul,
When I got to the Task Manager there was nothing running. So...the problem is still there. Looks like some others are having the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

nicholgh
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm still having the issue I talked about above. Any new developments on that NewTek?

.greg

Paul Lara
06-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Paul,
When I got to the Task Manager there was nothing running. So...the problem is still there.

The Task manager has several tabs across the top. The Applications tab shows the executables that have been launched, but the Processes tab is where you'll find those processes running. They are shut down from that tab.