PDA

View Full Version : Head Modelling Video Tutorial

Seraphim
05-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey all.

I working on making a head modelling video tuto. This is the beta version. The quality isnt that great by hey...since its an avi its got a stop and start button! Its take the viewer from a cube to a low poly head. No ears yet :rolleyes:

Let me know what ya think. The download is 2megs. It should play well in quicktimes or wmplayer if you have thr right codec.

Link (seraphimy.com/face_tuto.avi)

evenflcw
05-31-2005, 07:46 AM
According to it's fourCC it's using Indeo Video 5 not Divx. I couldn't play it in my standard player but it played fine using QT Player (which also reported Indeo Video 5)

I'm not much for boxmodeling since I just don't seem to get it, but timelapses are always fun to look at and yours came out looking quite nice.

Seraphim
05-31-2005, 07:53 AM
"According to it's fourCC it's using Indeo Video 5 not Divx. I couldn't play it in my standard player but it played fine using QT Player (which also reported Indeo Video 5) "

Whoops. Your right. I couldnt get Divx to stop producing artifacts so I used another. ARgh. I baked the thing about 10+ times with divx till I finally gave up.

-NG-
05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
"According to it's fourCC it's using Indeo Video 5 not Divx. I couldn't play it in my standard player but it played fine using QT Player (which also reported Indeo Video 5) "

Whoops. Your right. I couldnt get Divx to stop producing artifacts so I used another. ARgh. I baked the thing about 10+ times with divx till I finally gave up.

Watch out with indeo, seems like microsoft hasn't integrated the codec's in xp and media player anymore. so it could be alot of people can't view the video.

I recently had to buy the codecs.

private
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Always interesting seeing how different people approach the same task. For anyone on a PC that ever has trouble with codecs, here's a one stop solution. Install this codec pack and never worry about codecs.

k-lite codec pack (free download)
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

evenflcw
06-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Codec-packs are certainly better than installing each individual codec. But installing that many codecs is imho still a hassle to maintain and just asking for trouble. Also since most of what's provided in codecpacks are only decoders, I think a better alternative is the directshow filter ffdshow (available on the same page), which is able to play pretty much every format you'll ever need, taking up considerably less diskspace and providing easier and centralised control. If you want to encode to a widespread format, just use a free xvid encoder (it's divx compatible and also available on the same page). Mpg is also nice since everyone (pc and mac alike) should have the necessary software to play those from the get-go.

kevinmcpoland
06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Seraphim,

I'm not too sure about codecs and stuff, but I do think it's a very cool tutorial. Is that use of the easy split plug-in I see? I am thinking of getting it, but wanted to see it in action...

You state it's a beta tutorial...is the finished one going to have the ears?

Thanks for taking the time to do it anyway,

Kev McP