PDA

View Full Version : LightNet errors

Exception
05-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi There,

I have Lightnet set up and it is running fine so far, but the master computer is giving me repeated errors of the following nature:
"Cannot open file c:/.../Remote.Msg"

The errors keep stacking up, so that I have to close in the order of hundreds each day. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Also, does anyone know about the automatic screamer starting of LightNet? It doesnt seem to detect and take care of crashes by itself, eventhough it claims to be capable of it. I still have to declare crashes manually...

Thanks

ruud
05-30-2005, 07:05 AM
are you rendering over a network or do you just want to render on a single computer outside of LW?

When rendering in a network, make sure you make a mapped network drive (call it S: from screamernet)

Map this drive on every computer, and on every comp make sure you map it as S:

Then try to run everything from that drive. This includes: Lightwave, Lightnet, All objects /scenes etc.

Lightnet will make its own INI file on every local computer, so there's no need to install it on every node.

Greetz

Ruud

Exception
05-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Ive got it setup, and it works fine on all 6 computers... Its been rendering for weeks...
But it just decided to give this error all of a sudden, just the master, and nothing seems to end it.

ruud
05-30-2005, 10:48 AM
als je netwerk het dataverkeer niet aan kan dan gaat hij ook over z''n nek, en geeft dan een remote error.

simple!

Ruud

Exception
05-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Hm, so you think it is a network clogging issue...
Ok, hm... what can I do about it? There's only 6 computers, not that much, and they render each frame in a half-hour timeframe... doesn;t seem too heavy... does it?

ruud
05-30-2005, 12:34 PM
I can't explain, sometimes i only render on two machines and I still get a remote error... but the error means that the traffic is too slow. that's all

Exception
05-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Does it help to switch from communication through files to communication through tcp_ip commands?

ruud
05-30-2005, 12:40 PM
no, what could help is to set lightnet on a lower update rate... so it doesn't update it's list every second.

Exception
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
I have now turned off auto updates on two of the five computers, and that seems to work well. Thanks for your help!

ruud
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
;) great!

have fun!