PDA

View Full Version : Triangles

Palamides
05-29-2005, 11:08 PM
I am currently modelling something for a game, and all polygons have to be converted to traignles so they can be used in game. Usually I just create the model normally then shift+t to convert it to triangles. However whenever I use booleans, the polycount quadruples after I convert it to triangles. Anyone know any good tips or tutorials to reduce the polycount?
thanks

Silkrooster
05-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Do a search on flay.com for qemloss3. This is used to reduce the poly count. I beleive it will triple the polys for you, so tripling should not be needed after your boolean operation.
Silk

BeeVee
05-30-2005, 03:02 AM
It's perfectly normal if you have polygons with more than four points - even with those your polycount will double, but if you have polys with >4 points, you need an extra triangle for every point over four you have in a polygon.

B

Palamides
05-30-2005, 03:55 AM
thanks for the suggestions, sorry i forgot to mention that I have tried qemloss3, it works alright for certain shapes but most of the time it distorts the object too much (well you gotta play with the settings a lot, maybe im just not doing it right though)
thanks for that site though, has lots of good stuff.

@Beevee: thanks for the tip