PDA

View Full Version : The most unused feature

Jamel
05-29-2005, 10:31 PM
What is the most unused feature in lw 8 including all the updates?
and if so how can our fellow friends at newtek make them better
for us to use. :)

Karmacop
05-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Most unused feature: Metaballs/edges/polys

How to fix them: make then not suck ;)

I think many people have said make them more like z balls from zbrush, which would make much cleaver meshes to that you can actualy do something with them. Other than that I've found them slow when there's too many of them or they are too large. And I don't mean normal slow, I mean they slow down too much compared to other programs(or have in the past).

Architook
05-29-2005, 11:35 PM
What is the most unused feature in lw 8 including all the updates?
and if so how can our fellow friends at newtek make them better
for us to use. :)

The Device Control panel (on the Render Options panel), which was for driving single frame recording on high end video tape recorders. It was used a decade ago before all video went digital. Now we can all play and record 30 fps 24 bit HDTV resolution videos on a $300 Dell.

Silkrooster
05-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I think the least used features are those that are the least documented. On my wish list, is the addition of mpeg 1,2, & 4 and wmv file formats.
Silk

hairy_llama
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
the render view option "DV"... who EVER uses native renders with no color work...
I agree meta-things suck right now... I would use them if they were better.
I bet the nodel expression editor never gets used as it is unussable in its current state due to a few problems(selecting your channels is impossible if you have a scene with a bunch of items).... I would use it all the time if it was fixed.