PDA

View Full Version : not able to send to layout

jnddepew
05-27-2005, 04:54 AM
hi, I'm a new lightwave user, (I just got it late last night)

here's the problem:

I can't send anything to layout. I make something in modeller but "switch to layout"
"syncronise to layout" and "send to layout are all dimmed.

also, in layout, when I click "modeller", it doesn't go to modeller.

I thought they might be the same problem.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Surrealist.
05-27-2005, 05:32 AM
They say to open up the hub so see if everything is running but it always is when I check it even with a problem. So forget about that.

But do be sure it's actually running though, you can find it as a little icon in Windows on the right.

Try things in this sequence:

Open up Layout, switch from Layout to Modeler. I always start this way because of pretty much the same thing. Sometimes the hub kind of needs a kickstart.

If you can't switch to modeler just restart Layout and try again. If you always open layout and open modeler from there it assures the connection.

As to going to Layout from modeler it will be ghosted until you actaually save the object.

jnddepew
05-27-2005, 06:17 AM
I can't seem to get layout running down on the toolbar.

fgreen
05-27-2005, 07:55 AM
The hub icon will appear in the system tray. It is the same icon as modeler and layout, but green in color. If this doesn't appear when you start layout, there will be no connection between layout and modeler.

You can also try launching the hub manually before starting layout (Lightwave 8/programs/hub.exe). After the hub is running, try launching Layout again and check the connection.

jnddepew
05-27-2005, 10:14 AM
The hub icon will appear in the system tray. It is the same icon as modeler and layout, but green in color. If this doesn't appear when you start layout, there will be no connection between layout and modeler.

You can also try launching the hub manually before starting layout (Lightwave 8/programs/hub.exe). After the hub is running, try launching Layout again and check the connection.

!!!!!!!!!!
thanks!!!!!!!
so much! :D :D :D :D :D

jnddepew
05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
darn!

still won't work.

I got the hub working but when I click on the "Modeller" button in layout, it won't work still. :( :mad: :eek: :confused:

Surrealist.
05-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Like I said It doesn't matter if the hub is running can happen anyway.

If you continue to still have this problem try reinstalling. But also just try restarting lightwave a couple of times. Once to get the hub running and a second to give it a kick in the pants and start modeler from LW.

Also you can right click on the hub icon to open it up and look inside to see how it is running. There's a tip for that but I forget because it didn't work for me. Thing is reinstall or keep trying what I said. Or even just try and open modeler seperately and try to go inbetween - anything to give it a kick in arse.

pandorian
01-17-2018, 08:23 PM
having the same problem with limited success. It seems temperamental, but I agree with the rest, you may need to shut down and restart Modeler/Layout/Hub a few times before the connection is made. Yeah, it's a bit frustrating, but it seems to be a work-around solution until the problem is solved.

Gungho3D
01-17-2018, 11:52 PM
So ... not sure if this is the cause, but in previous years when running up a trial version of LW (can't remember the version), there was no going to Modeler from Layout and no working Send to Layout from Modeler. Pretty sure that was the case ... but the bought version was all cool, everything worked.

Right now this is exactly how my trial LW 2018 is behaving.

----------
This may / may not be helpful if all this is happening also in the paid-for version of 2018 ... worth the mention however,

BeeVee
01-18-2018, 02:22 AM
Are you and Pandoria using OSX or Windows?

B

jwiede
01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
So ... not sure if this is the cause, but in previous years when running up a trial version of LW (can't remember the version), there was no going to Modeler from Layout and no working Send to Layout from Modeler. Pretty sure that was the case ... but the bought version was all cool, everything worked.

Right now this is exactly how my trial LW 2018 is behaving.

Cannot confirm, on Mac LW2018.0.1 (on 10.13.2) I'm not seeing this behavior. Once hub is running, even in (licensed) Trial, those operations work here as expected. App switches to Layout, synchronizes object with Layout, even sends object to Layout as expected. There's a known/reported issue where Layout changes to surfaces don't migrate back to Modeler as expected regardless of "Modeler" button, but other than that, the Hub appears to be working as expected for Trial.

pandorian
01-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Osx
are you and pandoria using osx or windows?

B