PDA

View Full Version : EPS Files - Modeler - Problem

Cunhambebe
05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi there. I haven't been around here for a while. Glad to be back!
I've got a problem loading EPS files in the modeler and I don't know what to do to fix this. The logo is a PSD file and I'd like to extrude and animate a scene with it. Since the modeler is not compatible with PSD files, I've converted it to EPS with Adobe's Illustrator. The problem is that I've got some warning screens saying "the file is not compatible" or "cannot open the file". I've reported the problem to the client and he sent me another file but this time only part of the logo could be extruded. I'd like to ask for some help around here. I have uploaded this second EPS file.....Thanks in advance.

Silkrooster
05-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I converted the file to ai and I also created an lwo file (ver. 8.3) as well.
Hope this helps.
Silk

Cunhambebe
05-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi there. Glad to hearing from you Silkrooster....Thank you very, very much! that was very nice of you. Thanks for you generosity. In fact I have Adobe Illustrator CS and it seems to save as AI9 (lightwave is not compatible and asks for version AI8). Do you have any idea how to save as AI8 in Illustrator CS? Thanks.
BTW, the EPS file wasn't compatible at all but both files you sent (ai and lwo) were totally compatible. Please, I'd like you to tell me how to fix this..In fact I need to split the logo in 2 to animate it the way I was planning to. Since I don't know how to convert to ai8, could please help me and convert both ai's in the zip file the way you did it? Thanks in advance....

Silkrooster
05-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Here are the files. I used Corel Draw 12. I guess it has no problem opening the files, but saving the files the max is ver 7. Go figure.
Hope this helps.
Silk

Cunhambebe
05-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks a lot Silkrooster, but there's a problem here - lol. I forgot to erase the points in both files I had uploaded. When I was updating the file you had already converted to ai. Could you please donwload and convert the zip file once again (it's not the same one, I have updated the file clearing all the points under the logo and then above). Thanks in advance. Sorry for this :D

Silkrooster
05-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm glad these are small files. :p
Silk

Cunhambebe
05-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't know what to say...thanks so much my friend. I'm a bit tired because it's 3:45 am here. I need to get some rest. I'll test the files tomorrow and PM you. I've just finished my DVD and would like to talk to you about it.
Thanks again!
Mark ;)

noiseboy
05-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Do you have any idea how to save as AI8 in Illustrator CS?

File>export>format>legacy ai>illustrator 8 or 3

Colin

Cunhambebe
05-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the tip, noiseboy.....I'm still learning Illustrator. I new there'd be a way to do it. Thanks again!
Cheers! ;)

Cunhambebe
05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok...Now I can export the files from Illustrator as ai8, 3 or EPS8 or 3 but the logo still has a problem...Letters such A and B don't have their "holes" (hope you understand what I mean, please take a look at the pic I've uploaded - it's not an Open GL problem). Please, what can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

noiseboy
05-28-2005, 03:28 AM
On import use auto axis drill. that should solve your problem. There'e always going to be some clean up when doing this kind of thing.

Colin

Exception
05-28-2005, 07:02 AM
The imported polygons wern't combined when you extruded and beveled and such.
Aut Axis Drill does this for you, but you must do it before extruding.

luciano
05-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Hi,
Look... there are some different solution for import EPS file are you try all?
Whi you don't try different release save eps from AI or Freehand ..
try also with the tool bridge for the letter without the hole....

Sorry for the my english :)

Luciano
www.vis-art.it

Cunhambebe
05-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks to all who took time to respond.
noiseboy...

On import use auto axis drill. that should solve your problem
- I've already tried that before. Nothing happens. Some people told me to use the drill tool and I don't know how to do it. Guess I'd better read the manual or you can give me a simple tip ;)

Exception...

The imported polygons wern't combined when you extruded and beveled and such.
- Yes, I know; some people at LWG3D and Silkrooster's Forum told me the same thing. I guess this thing is getting more and more cpmplex than it shoud be...

luciano...

here are some different solution for import EPS file are you try all?
- Yes, sir. I've tried them all......Bongiorno Italiano! Io non parlo molto bene italiano. Io sono brasiliano ;) Mei bisnoni son (?) lol italiani (Ils sont italians). Viva Italia!

So, is there anyone who can help me with the drill tool? I mean, I'd like to get some tips on how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Cunhambebe
05-28-2005, 11:22 AM
All right, all right...almost there. Just HAVE TO find out a way to use drill to make those holes...ANY IDEAS? LOL

Cunhambebe
06-01-2005, 09:23 AM
I've fixed everything thanks to Silkrooster and Flyern. You can check how to use the drill toll here:
http://www.silkrooster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124
Thanks to all.
Here's a link for the final test for the logo. Enjoy it!
http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25287